Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blog 5 -- The Pleasures of Writing

BLOG 5: THE PLEASURES OF WRITING

I did not know I would be a prolific writer when I was in high school, but I did know that I loved to write. Sometimes, when given an assignment, I would write two essays instead of one because another idea would pop into my head. I would submit both, not because I was trying to please my teacher but because I was so pleased with the two different ways I handled a topic. Since I am a biologist I attribute the pleasure of writing to the endorphins I produce which create a sense of self-validation, of accomplishment, and a zest for life. I have had euphoria from a good drink, a pleasurable dinner, and many other pleasures of the flesh and senses but writing, scholarship, and learning have been the most satisfying of those experiences.

No comments: