Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Introducing Lifelines articles

I have moved from Setauket, New York to Bloomington Indiana or from one college town to another. I am an emeritus professor from Stony Brook University and I met my wife Nedra here in Bloomington in 1958. It is nice to be back. At 79 years of age, I continue to write and enjoy learning. Since we moved here a year ago in November 2009, I have written three books, one under contract, one being considered, and one (a novel) that I am still revising. I was fortunate that my newspaper column, Lifelines, that appears every second Thursday in The Village Times in Setauket NY is still appearing in the Times-Beacon-Record newspapers of publisher Leah Dunaieff [northshoreoflongisland.com]. When I began this column for her papers, we agreed that I would have use of the articles for my own publication. I thus will be placing all my past articles so that a wider audience can read them. I begin today with ten of them. I have written about 300. I will post about ten a week and then I may slow down after the first 100 are posted because I no longer have computer copies of them, just printouts. I may have to retype them and that will mean a less frequent posting. I hope you enjoy them. I certainly get a lot of pleasure writing them.

No comments: